Alprazolam side effects range from mild to complex. Alprazolam drugs like any other powerful pill out there possess the ability to falter the human body system causing it to react negatively to basic phenomena in the form of side effects. Most classes of benzodiazepines are liable to cause many side effects which can prove to be even more fatal than we thought.
Side effects of Alprazolam
For been highly addictive and over-reliant, patients are been exposed to many side effects that are dangerous to the body while some cases are classified o be deadly. We are going to be looking at the major side effects of Alprazolam drugs;
Very common side effects
- Drowsiness– Been a very powerful relaxation pill, Alprazolam drugs are very easy to become addicted to and over-dependable and this ultimately causes chronic drowsiness which can last for long hours. Sometimes, the patient begins to experience mild nausea and vomiting.
- Muscle weakness– The medication makes the body muscles weaker as the treatment progresses and then the energy level of the patient is minimized. There is a need to seek medical advice from your doctor on these issues This can easily prevent central nervous system failure and other nerve damage.
- Skin irritation– The body system reacts in so many mysterious ways to certain conditions and situations we may find ourselves in. This can be controlled and in other cases, they cannot. With skin rash, face or lip swelling or any other kind of allergies.
- Weight loss– The usage of alprazolam or any other benzo drug, must expect to lose some weight. The medication only brings about the impairment of some body-nutrition which brings about significant loss of boy weight.
- Diarrhea– Alprazolam drugs can also be an agent of diarrhea cases. As the muscles become weak and immune system vulnerable, many diseases can occur and diarrhea is a perfect example given how common it has been in such medical cases.
- Fatigue– patients under the prescription of alprazolam will have no choice but to encounter a lot of body fatigue as well as in the mental state. Patients usually find themselves tired, dehydrated or worn out.
- Loss of food appetite- There are many certain way in which this can occur. There are many medications that are capable of making patient lose the urge for food supplements.
- Depression- Patients under alprazolam medication are been exposed to been having depressive feelings and suicidal thoughts as well. As the treatment progresses, there will be a need to alter the dosages which have to be done by a certified health care personnel.
Common Alprazolam side effects
- Memory loss – This medication cause brain functions to limit performance which majorly affects the cognitive behavior of the patient. Patients become very forgetful and tend to skip recent events. This is one of the reasons why seeking medical assistance on issues of dosage and health is the best idea to ensure sound treatment for anxiety disorders.
- Headaches- All anxiety patients under alprazolam medication are liable to experience headaches during subsequent periods. As the medication commences, there is a need to check on the dosages.
Less common Alprazolam side effects
- Menstrual pains- Intake of Alprazolam can cause menstrual impairment in women folks. Although it is still going to be needed to be applied in suppressing the pain, the doctor should have a very good knowledge of the patients’ responsiveness to certain medications.
- Anxiety – Ironically, anxiety is one of the side effects of alprazolam drugs. This is not a statement that claims the medication is not working or doesn’t resonate with your body system. This simply underlines all evidence that the drug is actually working.
A medical practitioner should be the one to prescribe the drugs for you as well as prescribing the dosages as you body reacts to the medication. It will always take time to adjust.
- Blurred vision- Alprazolam drugs can bring about blurry vision sometimes. This can be as a result of poor neurotransmitter actions due to the limited chemical performance of brain nerves. The patient should make sure he/she is on the right dosage because abuse or overdose can lead to fatal consequences.
- Lack of speech control- when under the influence of alprazolam medication, a patient is liable to lose control of his/her thoughts which translates to actions. Hysteria and confusion is one of the major side effects too and it makes sense when the patients lose control of his/her speech.
- Swollen joints- This can be as a result of skin irritation for patients with allergies. The potential of a body or skin to swell is as a result of the body reacting to the drug. This is why it is important to let the doctor know about your past medical reports in order to determine the right dosage and schedule that fits your body system.
Other side effects
The application of Alprazolam in battling depression should be very well managed and controlled. To avoid cases of respiratory depression, coma, mental impairment and sometimes even most fatal, death, below is a list of other common side effects for alprazolam medication;
- Skin irritations
- Complete body sedation
- Unsteady gait
- Lack of appetite
- Clumsiness, procrastination and laziness
- Speaking problems
- Bad muscle control
- Body pains
- Body fatigue
How it works
There are some of these side effects that do not need you run to the doctors office. Some of them are just a reaction of your body adjusting to the new changes the drug has brought to your body system. In a nutcase, it just a sign that the medication is working.
The only explainable reason to go to the doctor is for health tips and dosage review. When you also inform your doctor in these side effects, he/she will provide you the necessary information you need in managing the occurrence all by yourself.